Sunday, December 07, 2008

Mądrzejewski Plot at St. Adalbert's Cemetery


I made a trip to St. Adalbert's Cemetery in Niles, IL today to see the Mądrzejewski cemetery plot. Not only did I find this beautiful headstone, I also found that Bruno, Mary and Stanley Mądrzejewski are all buried there, alongside Jacob and Jozefa. Also buried there is an unnamed infant baby. You can see from the plot drawing that there are 4 adult, one child and one infant burials in this plot.

It was hard to get some information on the infant and on Mary and Bruno, because the last name is spelled a number of different ways -- each burial seems to be spelled differently. The man spent a half an hour helping me. But he said that if I can find the date of death, he can look up the burials by date. Which will help us then find out how it was spelled so we can pull the burial card and learn more.

It's such a beautiful cemetery, but I still can't help but wonder why a family from the southside of Chicago would be buried so far away.




No comments: